Sunday, January 08, 2006

Engaged and Still Waiting

I spent the night at the hospital last night on a strange chair to single bed contraption that wasn't too comfortble and am home for a quick shower and then back to the hospital.

A second round of cervidil has started to produce results and Alexis is having early labor contractions and has all night...she says one was like having your uterus squeezed hard. Generally, they are small ones over time she is hardly feeling. They finally moved us to the labor and delivery rooms early this morning.

Yesterday afternoon, we had a couple hours to ourself and cuddled a bit and talked about our future. I told her how I had planned to ask her to marry me this weekend during our cruise to Ensenada that we had to cancel and that I was so much looking forward to it. I said I knew that this might be an unconventional place to ask her to marry me but I loved her dearly and wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world right now. I asked for her hand and she said she will marry me.

It occurred to me that I would want Hannah to know 20 years from today that we were committed to each other and engaged. Our relationship has been unconventional too and we have had a lot happen in a short amount of time. The fact that we are doing so well within that says a lot to me. Our love though has been clear and present since the day we met -- we are both very happy.

I want to thank everyone that has helped us. Alexis' Mom cleaned our house yesterday and her Dad and Marilynn have been very supportive in taking care of our dog and taking me out to dinner last night for a needed respite. My friends Rachel and Ron dropped by yesterday and brought their dear girl Brooke -- it was good for Alexis' spirits to see such a sweet little girl right now.

I'm off for a quick shower and it's back to the hospital...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home