Saturday, January 07, 2006

It looks like today is the day!

It's January 7th and Hannah's due date was orginally February 18th. Through a whirlwind series of tests, observation and a several day hospital stay -- Dr. Lindblad suggested we "get 'er done" and it all began at midnight last night with a procedure which loosens the cervix and prepares the way for medicine which will put Alexis into labor sometime late today.

I've been running around getting things ready and taking care of our dog Dallas who had to be at the animal hospital yesterday for a teeth cleaning -- all my girls were in the hospital yesterday. There have been lots of phone calls from family and friends and I realized sometime yesterday that there is no way I can get it all done myself. Local family members have been great and everyone has been stepping up to the plate.

Hannah Jane Henderson will likely be something around 4 lbs and a couple of ounces when she joins us later today. I haven't had time to scan the latest ultrasound from the other day but here's our last one a few months ago. I'm excited, nervous and very happy. Alexis and I had a few minutes last night where we were able to talk alone, cuddle and kind of mentally prepare. She is amazing me with her calm demeanor -- something must come over a mother about to give birth. I'm very proud of her and am in love with her all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home